Intrepid Ideal Community
The Intrepid Ideal Community Fund is managed by our employees and funds charitable organizations in the North Alabama area.
The mission of the Intrepid Ideal Community Fund is to advance philanthropic solutions to our community’s needs, by continuously striving to create the Intrepid vision of an “ideal” community which includes safety, opportunity, and care for all citizens.
- Must be a non-profit organization recognized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and contributions shall be deductible by donors under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Must be a community-based organization operating in the area of at least one Intrepid, LLC Employee-Owner’s Residence.
- Services rendered by agency must be open to all members of the community regardless of sex, race, religion, political affiliation, ability to pay or background.
Intrepid Ideal Community does not fund:
- Athletic teams, booster clubs or support organizations
- Campaigns (including United Way)
- Religious or political organizations
- Fraternities, sororities and alumni groups
- Human societies or organizations
- Ministries, theological or bible schools
- Pledges, tithes
- Administrative or continuing education tuition
- Professional associations
- School choirs, bands or drill teams
- Scouting organizations
- Subscriptions, dues, insurance premiums or student fees
- Travel, gifts-in-kind (real estate, personal property other than securities or personal services)
- Membership or subscription portion of a donation
Rules of Compliance for Organizations Receiving Fund Grants
Ideal Community (IC) monies must be expended only for those purposes, and at only the location, stated by the Applying Organization in its Grant Application. No IC Grant monies may be shared with or sent to an Organization’s national headquarters or other branch offices without explicit, written approval of the IC Advisory Committee. The Applying organization must agree to furnish audits and other financial information as outlined in the Application and/or as requested by Intrepid IC. All financial information provided to Intrepid IC will be held strictly confidential.
Complete an Application
Intrepid Ideal Community Fund Grant Application
2021 Application Deadlines:
- March 12
- September 10
- December 10
We regret that our process will be on hold for the spring selection of 2021 while we revamp our application process to better serve our community. The spring selection money will still be given to our shortlisted previous applicants.
Submit applications through our new online form, coming soon.